2017 End of Year Book Survey
Created by Jamie @ Perpetual Page-Turner
Number of books you read: 152
Number of re-reads: None
Genre you read the most from: Comic books
Best in Books
1. Best book you read in 2017?
Paper Princess by Erin Watt
2. Book you were excited about & thought you were going to love more but didn’t?
I ended up in a long funk in 2017 so if I wasn't in love I would just put it away to pick up at another time. I didn't have any on my DNF or didn't love book this year because I felt it was unfair to read it if I wasn't in the mood.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2017?
The Darkest Corner by Liliana Hart is one that I wasn't sure about but loved. I actually finished it in one day because I coudln't put it down.
4. Book you “pushed” the most people to read in 2017?
I didn't do much pushing this year mainly because those I see on a regular basis or talk to aren't into books. I also feel like I'm beating a dead horse when I talk about it all the time.
5. Best series you started in 2017? Best sequel of 2017? Best series ender of 2017?
The Royals by Erin Watt. I read the trio in just a short weekend it was hard to put down. I've had it on my kindle for ages but never seemed to give it a shot. Now I can't believe I waited so long. Love Love Love it!!!
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2017?
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
I tend to avoid leaving my comfort zone and as I was in the long funk I didn't go out of it.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
NYC Mecca series by Jaymin Eve it's amazing
9. Book you read in 2017 that you are most likely to re-read next year?
The Royals it's one of those I will read over and over. I may read all of them in the future years.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2017?
I think Lost in La La Land by Tara Brown had the best cover. It's simple but so pretty at the same time.
11. Most memorable character of 2017?
Zara Wolf from Pack Ebon Red by C.M. Stunich. She's one of those characters you can't help loving and one of my first reverse harem books.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2017?
Much Ado About Nothing by Lily Cahill is a beautiful twist on one of my favorite Shakespear books.
13. Most thought-provoking / life-changing book of 2017?
I read fiction so nothing this year. Maybe 2018 I will.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2017 to finally read?
15. Favorite passage/quote from a book you read in 2017?
I wasn't good about writing them down. However, this year I'm going to keep a journal.
16. Shortest & longest book you read in 2017?
Shortest: Harley Quinn comics are 23 pages
Longest: The Darkest Corner is 368 pages
17. Book that shocked you the most?
The Sea Queen by Jovee Winters it was shocking to see the evil queen in a new light
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Ella and Reed in Paper Princess
19. Favorite non-romantic relationship of this year?
I started a new addiction for Harley Quinn comics so Harley and her bestie Poison Ivy
20. Favorite book you read in 2017 from an author you’ve read previously?
Queen Alpha and Queen Fae this series is quickly becoming one of my favorites
21. Best book you read in 2017 that you read based SOLELY on a recommendation from somebody else/peer pressure:
I don't think I read a single book recommended to me this year. =(
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2017?
Reed Royal Paper Princess he's just broken and so perfect in so many ways.
23. Best 2017 debut you read?
24. Best worldbuilding/most vivid setting you read this year?
NYC Mecca Series has a captivating world.
25. Book that put a smile on your face/was the most fun to read?
Once Upon a Zombie by Billie Phillips was a fun read and I can't wait for the next one.
26. Book that made you cry (or nearly cry) in 2017?
Nothing More by Anna Todd was an emotional read that pulled at the heart strings.
27. Hidden gem of the year?
Xoe: or Vampires, and Werewolves, and Demons, Oh My! by Sara C. Roethle it was on my kindle and in a spur of the moment I figured I would give it a shot.
28. Book that crushed your soul?
None but I have some on my TBR list this year.
29. Most unique book in 2017?
I would have said Pack Ebon Red or Harem of Fangs but suddenly the Reverse Harem genre is super popular.
30. Book that made you the most angry (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
None this year.
Blogging and Bookish Life
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2017?
One of my biggest regrets is that I didn't spend enough time discovering new blogs. It's also one of my goals for 2018
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2017?
I'm my own worst critc and I try my best but I don't have a favorite.
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
None it's on of my weakness's that I'm hoping to change this year.
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
None this year. I hope to next year.
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2017?
It's all been a wonderful adventure and I'm looking forward to another active year.
7. Most popular post this year on your blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
Honestly I don’t think anyone even reads it anymore
8. Post you wished got a little more love?
Zero Repeat Forever
9. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
I've been on the fence and finally took the plunge joining the The Bookworm Box subscription. It's my favorite box to get in the mail.
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
It was terrible I didn't get even close but I hope this will be my year.
1. One book you didn’t get to in 2017 but will be your #1 priority in 2018?
Allison's Adventures in Underland by C.M. Stunich it's a reverse harem Alice in Wonderland spin that I'm excited about.
2. Book you are most anticipating in 2018 (non-debut)?
Four Corners by Cassie Alexandra
3. 2018 debut you are most anticipating?
Not sure yet. I've gotten behind and need to see what's coming out.
4. Series ending/sequel you are most anticipating in 2018?
I try not to read the last book as long as I can to avoid saying goodbye. I'm ready for The Royals by Erin Watt's last book to come out to see how it all ends.
5. One thing you hope to accomplish or do in your reading/blogging life in 2018?
I would like to double my reading goal. Which is crazy but I would love to read more.
6. A 2018 release you’ve already read & recommend to everyone:
I haven't read any yet. I'm so behind the last year, but will be changing that.
How did you do in 2017?